So what is this blog about?

These are the books I would insist everyone read if I were Queen of the Universe. I am not Queen of the Universe, so you don't have to read them, but hear me out. Most book reviews are about new books, but most books are not new. How else are you going to find out about what's out there? Anyway, aren't you just a bit curious about WHY I think these books should be read by everyone?

Monday, November 28, 2011

About the Ads

Hi, all;

This is an atypical post. I have added a few adds, and I wanted to explain why. Yes, I am kind of hoping that readership will expand exponentially and that I'll be able to earn a nice little living by telling other people what to read (or, at least I'd like to be able to chip in on some groceries or a phone bill once in a while) but that's not the whole reason.

The other part of the reason is I am curious. They don't let me pick which ads they run, after all; there's some sort of computer program that assigns my site ads based on what sort of things I write about. Since I am actually writing about things you can buy (books) I'm kind of curious to know if it'll run ads for the books I review? Or maybe it will figure out my politics and my preferences and post ads for products and services that I really hope more people will buy? If so, great!

On the other hand, I could end up writing filler for a site pasted all over with ads for gas-guzzling, soul-draining gizmos. If that happens, I'll stop the ads, and if this blog suddenly becomes The Next Big Thing, I guess I'll just have to be famous for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment